dear angel,
im not sure what irks me more...
the fact you lied when you told me i was the next one up AFTER i'd already been waiting an hour and a half
the fact it took over 3 hours to get a simple, basic oil change, when you assured me i'd be on my way in just over an hour.
the fact you gave me the really concerned, slow nod when you told me you'd bump me ahead of a few people, when 30 minutes earlier you told me i was "the next one up."
the fact you called me "girly" when you handed me my keys and then said to "make sure and come back to see us again real soon."
the fact that the only other woman in that establishment was your secretary who was wearing particularly tight slacks with an
extremely low cut shirt.
the fact that your salesmen comrades looked confused when i sat down to watch the warrior game, and only accepted such after i admitted that i played for a few years
the fact that the aforementioned comrades said, "well you CERTAINLY have the height for it," as though i wasn't aware that i am 6 ft tall.
the fact you tried to pass off the car wash that is included in my service as compensation for wasting my time, lying to me and treating me like a child, assuming that i didn't know otherwise.
the way you said, "well...you can't drive a car if there's no oil in it..." with that same stupid slow nod...
the fact you returned my car to me minus one hubcap, and insisted it must have been that way when i got there and i just "didn't notice." (dear angel....i notice things)
the fact that as soon as i had my keys in hand, i had to remove myself immediately for fear i was going to cause a scene
the fact that my car is now almost 2000 miles overdue for another service, but i have not been able to bring myself to take care of it, because every time i consider coming face to face with someone like you ever again i get red faced, hot mad and i start to sweat.
the fact that this happened four months ago, yet it STILL fires me up.
all of it irks me. i am not a fan of you, your service department or your dealership. and to be honest, i kind of secretly hope that one day you grossly underestimate the competence of powerful, bright, successful, young lawyer that also happens to be a woman. when you keep HER waiting all day, insult her intelligence and then call her by some pet name as you gently place her keys back into her hands, i'm sure she will have had ample time to come up with a few ideas of her own about what would be fitting compensation for such behavior. just food for thought.
your former customer,
jackie
4 comments:
ooooooo that makes me so mad. Something that helps me feel more confident when I go to car places, is I make sure that I ask dad EXACTLY what is wrong before I go, so I know all the car-jargon. and then while I'm there, I refer to dad as 'my regular mechanic'. Gets em every time.
I am definitely upset with ya darlin', but the fact that you get so mad you start to sweat just makes me laugh. I'm sorry.
Aww I feel for you!
Personally (and this is from the adopted hispanic)... I thought it was a letter to an angel. Like someone who had done something kind and unexpected. I was shocked as I went on. I think we need a second letter to a real angel. You know. For my sake. ;)
PS. I hate oil changes. And men who don't get it. What a bad combo. Sorry.
Post a Comment